Thursday, January 24, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW - Lubriderm Lotion



Lately my skin has been more dry then ever, might be because it's winter and that really tends to dry my skin out. Another thing I noticed is, I work out 5 days a week so after I'm done my workout I shower....of course but I've noticed that this is making my skin extremely dry, it's so dry I was thinking about going to the doctors to get some prescribed lotion because my faithful Aveeno just isn't cutting it.

I thought mhhm maybe I'll try a different lotion, so when out grocery shopping I picked up a lotion called Lubiderm. It looked good and the texture seemed creamy and not greasy, something I always look for in a lotion, so I decided to try it. It's packed with vitamin A and E and is clinically proven to moisturize and protect extra dry skin for up to 24 hours.

 
 
After every shower I lube my body up with lotion and today I couldn't wait to try the new stuff. I pumped a few squirts and was in heaven applying it to my dry skin. Its soooooo creamy, and thick I love love love thick lotions they really seem to get down into your skin and moisturize your skin. I slathered it on and it absorbs pretty quickly, it is a wee bit greasy but you barely notice.


Doesn't seem to work on my face tho, after washing my face, I applied a fair amount on my face and rubbed it in, after a couple minutes my skin still felt tight and dry. I might have to buy a separate moisturizer for my face and use this stuff for my body.



 
 As you can see the texture is very creamy, even after rubbing it in a little bit, it's so creamy and makes your skin feel so soft after a week or so of use. I think this might be my new go to lotion. A couple things tho, this lotion doesn't seem to work as good on my face and hands as it does on my body, I don't know why but I think I'll use separate lotions for my face and hands. Smells like fresh laundry, the smell is really light. This lotion costs $7.49 at Wal - Mart.

 
Pros and Cons
Non greasy, really rich and creamy lotion. I love the smell and love the thickness of the lotion. It does moisturize your skin making it feel really nice and soft. It didn't seem to do anything for my face or hands, but I think I need to use special lotion for these two things.
 
 
My Conclusion
I think this might be my new favorite lotion
 
My Ratings
 
Quality - 10  Smell - 10  Texture - 10   Moisturizing Effects - 9  Greasiness - 8  Overall - 9.5




No comments:

Post a Comment