Thursday, September 6, 2012

MY LOOK - Smoldering Brown



 The other night me and my boyfriend decided we needed a much excepted date night, so we called some friends and went out for dinner ( then played mini putt which I lost :(  )

I had just written a product review for Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo eyeshadow and had already tested the product out, so I knew it would last all night without me having to go to the bathroom every ten minutes to wipe that stupid crease, that most creme eyeshadows make in between  the fold of your eyelid, off my face.


I took out my makeup palette and went to work. I used the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour eyeshadow as the base for my look, then blended different browns with it.


Now before I did this, I of course washed and moisturized my face and then used a primer to keep the foundation on my face ( and not dripping everywhere, it was a really hot night )


After I did that I applied my regular foundation then, shaded my eyebrows and began to create my look for the night,  I wanted to look really good, since me and my boyfriend haven't had a date night in a long time, now I know he would tell me I look beautiful even if I wore a paper bag on my head, but I wanted him to be like... WOW!  Triple take!



OK, back to the look, I used Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour "Band To The Bronze"as my base layer, which I applied all over my eyelid, including the crease and middle crease, this is to help the more, powdery eyeshadow stick and stay for longer.

Then I took a eyeshadow brush and used a brown shade form my palette that was just a bit darker then my base color and extended it from the crease up to my brow bone.

Next, I used a crease brush and used the darkest brown from my palette and mixed it into the crease to create depth and dimension.



I used white eyeliner in the tear ducts of my eye to make them look brighter and bring out the color more, I also used a small bit of white eyeshadow and applied it to my brown bone as a highlighter.


Black liquid eyeliner went right above my upper lash line and I winged it at the end, also I used black eyeliner on my waterline and lower lash line.

Here's another little tip, once you draw the black eyeliner underneath your lower lash line use your hand, or something else to smudge it and create a more complete smokey look.

Curl  those lashes and apply a couple coats of mascara, and your off to the races!




You see the trick to these amazing looks is to layer, and blend, then layer and blend some more, once you have it down it becomes easier and easier every time you go to makeup your face.

Good luck ladies and email or comment if you have any questions or anything I love to hear from you
Love you
Kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment