Thursday, February 28, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW - Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder


After reading a ton of reviews on, Rimmels Stay Matte pressed powder, I decided to purchase it. I've been looking for a cheap but good translucent powder for awhile and I think I hit the jackpot with this baby. At $5.97 you can't lose.

Rimmels Stay Matte powder gives long lasting flawless coverage, well controlling shine. I purchased 005 Silky beige, which gives a barely there dusting matte finish. It really completes my foundation, giving me a beautiful matte, airbrushed look. Doesn't look cakey, even if you build it up a bit. I didn't really notice any sort of smell, if you really put it close to your nose and take a sniff, there's a very slight baby powder smell, but nothing super noticeable. It really helps to control any shine you get, I usually get a wee bit on my forehead, and this cleared it up right away.



The packaging was pretty normal, a little on the cheap side, but it wasn't something that bothered me. Instead of the top clipping open like regular powder, you just pop the top off to use it.


Pros and Cons
 
Translucent powder, barely there smell, gives a really nice matte finish and controls shine really well. It's not cakey even if built up and feels light, and breathable on skin. Nothing bad to say about this product.
 
My Conclusion
 
Love this powder, it gives the most beautiful matte finish.
 
My Ratings
 
Quality - 9  Packaging - 9  Texture - 9  Finish - 10  Overall - 10






2 comments:

  1. I like this post the powder looks very good :) Like to try it next time.
    Lovly P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great powder, and so inexspensive. I have a more exspensive powder and I perfer to use this.

      Delete