Monday, October 29, 2012

MY LOOKS - Fall Nail tutorial





 I have a very crazy obsession for nails, I love getting them done, I even bought all the stuff to do all my own acrylic nails........even tho that didn't work I still love painting. I love painting them according to the seasons and since it's fall I decided to show you how I achieved my fall inspired nails :) Keep reading

Before I begin I wanna show you my inspiration for this nail tutorial. Althought mine are a bit different thanks to this picture because it was my inspiration :)

Pinned Image



So before I apply any polish on my nails I did go have them done at Hanna Nails, nails like this don't grow naturally, well for me anyway. I have very short nails which I constantly bite, so I get acrylic nails done, I get them filled about every 3 weeks and get a new set ever 2 months if that.


I got a full set of acrylic nails with a french manicure, but I soon get bored of that and wanted something more fall-ish. Let's begin!!!



1. Take a sticker and place it on your finger exposing the tip. I used some garage sale stickers that I found at the dollar store, use any sticker you'd like just as long as it's a round creating a full circle.

 
 





2.  Apply 2 - 3 coats of a orange polish on the tip of your nail, let the polish dry in-between coats or it won't turn out as good. I used Wet' N Wild - Sunny side up.




3. After the orange polish has dried apply 1 - 2 coats of a sparkly nail polish, something with a gold, or rusty base. I used Nicole by OPI - Kardashian Kolor.



4. Once your polish is all dry carefully peel the sticker off, peel it off slowing, peeling it off to fast will cause the polish stuck on the sticker which is still connected to the polish on the tip of your nail to rip off with it.



5. OK, so for the base nail polish use a polish that is a very very light orange, I'm talking like barely orange, just a tiny hint of orange. I know my inspiration picture they used a soft beige color but I couldn't seem to find one, if you have one use the instead. Apply 2 - 3 coats of that but don't go over the tip where you painted the orange, just do the nail part.


6. Now you need to protect that polish by applying a clear coat of  polish to your nail, apply at least 2 coats of that.



7. This step is optional but if you want a really durable nail then do this. Apply a thin layer gel polish to your nail, you'll have to own a UV lamp in order to complete this step because gel polish only drys with a UV lap. Apply at least 2 coats of that and your done!







beautiful Fall Inspired nails enjoy :)



Kassie




No comments:

Post a Comment