Wednesday, October 10, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW - Myabelline Baby Lips Lip Balm




In the summer I was looking for a chapstick that had  SPF to protect my lips while going to the beach. My lips dry out and crack very easily, I had seen the commercial for this product and decided to try it out and see if it worked. Theres nothing I hate more then a crappy chapstick.

Maybelline Baby Lips has a SPF 20 and is suppose to keep your lips moisturized for 8 hrs, it's also a lip renewal and is suppose to renew cracked, dry lips. It comes in 6 different flavors and colors, some have a bit of tinted color to them so you can wear them like a lip gloss only they moisturize your lips at the same time. I didn't want anything with color in it so I bought peppermint, which has no color to it.

I used this lip balm for going to the beach at first, it did the job and protected my lips from the sun. After I lost my favorite lip chap that I used at night before I go to bed I decided to try and use this.
OK so I officially hate this lip balm, not only does it not absorb into your lips no matter how much I put on or how many times I rub my lips together, it feels greasy and seems to wipe off my lips really easily.

I don't like this lip balm at all, it did nothing for my lips, they felt even drier after I put it on, it didn't make my lips soft or relieve the cracks. I bought peppermint but didn't smell or tastes peppermint at all. I really truly hate this lip balm and wish I never wasted my money on it.



Pros and Cons
 
 
The one pro I do have about this lip balm is it's SPF 20 so it does protect you lips from the sun and it's nice to come home from the beach and not have sun burnt lips. That's the only good thing I can say about this product. It doesn't not make your lips soft, it does not relieve dryness or renew your lips, it comes off very easily and feels like you apply grease on your lips. It doesn't work.
 
 
My Conclusion
 

I would not buy this product if you have very dry lips and are looking for a lip renewal.
 
My Ratings
Texture - 1   Packaging - 4    Hour hold - 1   Absorbity - 1   Quality - 2    Overall - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment