Friday, December 7, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW - L'Oreal Voluminous Power Collagen






I love mascaras so much and I buy a new one like every 2 weeks just to try it out. Well the other day I ran out of my normal mascara and decided to be brave and try a new type of mascara, so I purchased the L'Oreal - Voluminous Power Collagen, mascara ( purchase at own risk ) because I have never tried it and wanted to give it a go. I had to fight with my boyfriend for this " like you need more makeup Kassandra" that's what he always says when hes with me and a buy a new makeup product. So clever beast that I am, I either go grocery shopping without and pick some makeup up and sneakl it in with my grocery's and then take it out and hide it in my purse once I pull into the driveway or I sneak it when hes not looking, its very tricky heheheh.


OK so this mascara looked tempting because, I have had favorites before from L'Oreal  and the word "Collagen" jumped out at me. Anything with collagen in it makes you more beautiful right? Wrong that's only for wrinkles duh! The packaging of this mascara was very sleek, packaged in a dark black tube if that's what you call it and a strip of white going down it with the brand written on it. Its hard plastic and has a full fiber brush head.







First time I applied the mascara I knew we weren't going to be friends and I disliked it instantly. It was clumpy and runny and the brush head always got way to much mascara on it which got everywhere. Don't even think about applying this to your bottom lashes it'll get all over your face. The dry time is horrible and it takes like 10 minutes for it to set. It didn't give my lashes more volume or lift and curl them, just made them clump together and look ugly. So I tried using it for just my top lashes and using a different mascara for my bottom lashes. I still didn't like it. It's truly the worst mascara I have ever tried.



Pros and Cons
 
This mascara was clumpy and runny, it was a nightmare to apply to your bottom lashes because it gets all over your face. It takes a long time to dry, and really clumps your lashes together. It doesn't give volume or lift or even length to your lashes. Only thing I liked about it was the packaging, which was half decent.
 
My Conclusion
Probably the worst mascara I have ever bought.
 
My Ratings
 
Quality - 2   Texture - 1  Packaging - 3  Application - 2  Overall - 2
 
 
Hoped I helped save you a few bucks
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment