Saturday, December 29, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW - Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Foundation




This is a foundation that has a lot of people either loving it or hating it. Personally I think skin type has a lot to do with if a foundation works for you or doesn't and this foundation is defiantly a type of foundation you have to have a certain skin type in order for it to work. And thanks to my makeup knowledge I have that skin type.


This foundation is a mousse based foundation so yes its a bit oily but since I have very dry skin this foundation is perfect for me. Women with oily skin, I'm warning you this foundation will not be your friend. This foundation truly makes my skin look flawless, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing foundation, I LOVE IT! Even though I love this foundation it def has it flaws and that's what I'm here to point out. I think this foundation wouldn't be very good in hot weather, seems like it would drip off your face and make a total mess if you don't primer before hand and powder after hand. When you first put it on it looks kinda streaky and I was thinking awwh man, not another foundation that isn't very bendable, but after I blended it in better it looked completely flawless. I did use my fingers to apply this but I bet a nice stippling brush would be even better then your fingertips. It was so light and it didn't feel cakey or look cakey and it didn't stick to my dry patches, my skin looked so perfect. The finish on this foundation is a nice, youthful, dewy finish, unlike a lot of foundations that finish with a matte finish.





I know I recently blogged about the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation and how durable and perfect it was, well the Photoready Foundation doesn't even come close to as durable and long-wear the Colorstay Foundation is. I had to touch up my foundation after about 4 hours and the coverage is pretty decent. You will have to touch up your foundation throughout the day. It started fading around and on the nose, underneath the eyes and on the forehead first, It also makes your T-zone a bit shiny so be sure to powder. Powder will be your best friend when it comes to this foundation, It'll make it last longer and any shiny parts it'll dull down. It also has a really odd smell to it and that's one thing I wasn't a big fan off. I don't know how to describe the smell but its kinda gross but after a bit of wear it fades.





One thing I found with this foundation was after about 9 to 10 hours of wear it started to bug my skin, my skin became itchy and really dry and it was pretty much faded after 10 hours. After a nice face scrub and moisturizer my face felt a lot better.

Now to get to the packaging. It has a pump head which is my favorite because its so much less of a mess then regular twist off caps. It was also a mousse foundation so, it was pretty mess free and it created way less of a disaster on my counter then liquid foundations. It does come in different shades but they don't have a huge variety of shades, I think they have 8 shades and it was pretty easy to find the right shade for my skin tone ( Nude works perfect for my skin tone ) It really does photograph great. Reflects a lot of light and your skin looks flawless and perfect. My skin looked perfect and I was so happy with it.



Pros and Cons
 
Creates flawless skin and feels very light on the skin. Doesn't look cakey, doesn't stick to my dry patches. Created the dewy finish I'm always striving for. Is mess free and comes in a mess free package. Is only good for the right skin types and that's very dry to dry skins. Oily skins will not like this foundation. Works better with powder then without. Not as durable and long wear as the colorstay foundation. Very oily and did bug my skin after 10 hours. Photographs so well but has a really odd weird smell that goes away after a little bit or wear.
 
 
My Conclusion
 
I know I said the the Revlon Colorstay Foundation was the best drugstore foundation but Revlon Photoready Airbrush, is hands down the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. It takes the cake and will be a keeper in my makeup collection.
 
Dry skins this foundation will change your life.
 
 
My Ratings
 
Smell - 3   Texture - 10  Finish - 10   Packaging - 10  Durability - 5  Quality - 10  Overall - 9.5
 
 
This foundation would get a 10 if it wasn't for the odd smell it gives off. I'm so happy to own this product and great job to Revlon, you make me proud to wear makeup like this.




Klassy Kassie


Keeping it Klassy



Check out my guest post on Beauty and the Best

No comments:

Post a Comment